mac os core dump from detached process

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Apr 29 06:51:41 EDT 2015

On 27/04/2015 11:29, Colin McPhail wrote:

>> Is it possible to get core dumps on the Mac for  debugging purposes? Would the detached process inherit flags etc etc from the starting process? I know little about OS X/Mach.
>>

> My first thought would be to run Applications -> Utilities -> Console and look for a crash report under ‘User Diagnostic Reports’ in the sidebar. I’m not entirely sure what my second thought would be if there wasn’t a report there.
>
> — CMcP

my colleague is suggesting ulimit -c unlimited in the terminal before starting
the django runserver will probably do the trick. What I don't know is if the
process started by a view that then detaches will inherit the flags and dump
core properly. I have a mac test platform now and will attempt something myself.
--
Robin Becker