Best GUI for Python

Dave Cook davecook at nowhere.net
Tue Apr 28 13:22:32 EDT 2015

On 2015-04-26, Cecil Westerhof <Cecil at decebal.nl> wrote:
> I want to use a GUI for Python. When searching I found (beside some
> others) Tkinter and wxPython. From what I found it looks like Tkinter
> is slightly better. What would be the pros/cons of these two? Would
> there be a compelling reason to use another GUI?

For cross-platform work, I think it comes down to wx or Qt.  I've used
them on Windows, Mac and Linux.  Qt has the more polished and
consistent API, and is more popular with the big scientific Python
distros. wx has the most liberal license, and I think having to deal
with only one Python binding is somewhat an advantage.  I've gone back
and forth between them, and could probably live with either one.

Gtk is also worth looking at if you only care about Linux.

Dave Cook