How to install dtrx with pip?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 25 21:35:48 EDT 2015

On 26/04/2015 01:50, Peng Yu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get the following error when I try to install pip. Does anybody know
> what it is wrong and how to fix it? Thanks.
>
> ~/Downloads$ pip install dtrx
> Downloading/unpacking dtrx
>    Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement dtrx
>    Some externally hosted files were ignored (use --allow-external dtrx
> to allow).
> Cleaning up...
> No distributions at all found for dtrx
> Storing debug log for failure in /Users/py/.pip/pip.log
> ~/Downloads$ pip install --allow-external dtrx
> You must give at least one requirement to install (see "pip help install")

It looks to me as if you've already installed pip and are trying to
install dtrx :)  Version 7.1 is located here
http://brettcsmith.org/2007/dtrx/  I think you've got to specify the
--allow-external flag to pip.  Perhaps you could confirm this from
reading the log output?  Failing that simply download the file, extract
everything and run python setup.py install

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence