[Matplotlib] Ploting an exponential distribution frequency curve

Mario Figueiredo marfig at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 19:35:14 EDT 2015

On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 23:12:19 +0000 (UTC), Denis McMahon
<denismfmcmahon at gmail.com> wrote:

>Sorry, but given a choice of 5 plot methods in matplotlib and no hint as
>to which one you're calling, I'm not inclined to go and look at the
>arguments of all of them.

There's actually around 8 I think. The individual graphs types are
defined by the matplotlib.pyplot class. The plot() method you see in
my code draws a line graph, the bar() method a bar graph, hist() an
histogram, and so forth.

That was my fault. I should have mentioned I was using ipython
notebook with pylab inline option, or change the code to show the
import mechanism for the plot() function.