EuroPython 2015: Our next keynote: Ola & Ola (Django Girls)

M.-A. Lemburg mal at europython.eu
Sat Apr 25 10:41:40 EDT 2015

We are pleased to announce our next keynote speakers: Ola Sitarska and
Ola Sendecka, who kicked off Django Girls with a workshop at
EuroPython 2014 last year. Since then the idea has spread around the
globe to over 20 countries.

http://blog.europython.eu/post/117337312602/our-next-keynote-ola-ola-django-girls

Django Girls
------------

Django Girls is an non-profit oriented organization that empowers and
helps women to organize free, one-day programming workshops by
providing tools, resources and support.

http://djangogirls.org/

The Keynote
-----------

It’s Dangerous To Go Alone, Take This: The Power of a Community

Ola and Ola will take you on a fantastic journey to the magical world
of little Liz, who is totally enchanted by technology. The story of
Liz will show that with a little bit of magic, curiosity, courage and
hard work, you can defeat all the obstacles standing in your
way. You’ll discover with her that making big and scary things is
easier when you’re not doing them alone. Because sometimes, one
magical spell, the helpful hand of a friend or this shiny sparkle is
all it takes to make a dent in one’s universe.

The Workshop
------------

At this year’s conference, we will again be hosting a Django Girls
workshop. Please see the workshop website for details on how to sign
up as an attendee, coach, or support the workshop as sponsor.

http://blog.europython.eu/post/116653922717/europython-2015-django-girls-workshop

PS: Ola & Ola had already confirmed back in February. Thanks to them
for their support in keeping this secret for such a long time :-)

Enjoy,
--
EuroPython 2015 Team
http://ep2015.europython.eu/