Boolean Operator Confusion

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 01:04:09 EDT 2015

On Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 6:52:53 AM UTC+5:30, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On 25/04/2015 01:51, Terry Reedy wrote:
> >
> > Based on my experience reading newbie posts on python list and
> > Stackoverflow, learning to write real functions, without input and
> > print, and repeatable tests, is the most important thing many people are
> > not learning from programming books and classes.
> >

> Got to start them off somewhere so http://nedbatchelder.com/text/test0.html

Nice! Thanks for that!
Found some other gems from Ned which Ive stuffed into my blog -- will put it in
the relevant thread

However I dont believe that Ned and Terry are talking the same thing -- though
closely related.
Ned is talking of how to do testing
Terry is talking of how to write clean (old-fashioned word 'structured') code
and using testing as an allurement.
They are not the same because if (say!) you were a genius who wrote
bug-free code on first attempt you dont need to test; you still need to write
clean code for others to read