docstringargs: Python module for setting up argparse

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Mon Apr 20 23:44:53 EDT 2015

>> Does this conflict with type signature proposals
> In the sense that you can't use both together, yes. But docstringargs
> follows the rule of "if you're going to use annotations, also use a
> decorator"; and the decorator removes all the annotations it uses.

This makes me think the annotation system is too limited.  There should
be a way to use multiple kinds of annotation at the same time, by using
multiple decorators.  Maybe there could be a convention where the
annotation is a dictionary whose entries correspond to decorators and
are consumed by those decorators.