need help removing 'dev-r0' part from a python package

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Apr 20 00:17:18 EDT 2015

sth.srn at gmail.com writes:

> My package 'webpreview'[https://github.com/ludbek/webpreview] has new
> version '1.0.3'. I used 'sdist' to bundle it.

I'll assume you are using a ‘./setup.py’ program to define and generate
the distribution.

The ‘setup’ function in that program takes a ‘version’ parameter. What
value is your program passing to that parameter? What generates that
value?

--
 \         Fry: “Take that, poor people!”  Leela: “But Fry, you’re not |
  `\     rich.”  Fry: “No, but I will be someday, and then people like |