New to Python - block grouping (spaces)

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 12:03:23 EDT 2015

On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 8:45:27 PM UTC+5:30, Chris Angelico wrote:

<Description of the task of  first-classing syntax snipped>

> I suspect you'll find the task fundamentally hard.

How hard?
Lets see.
Two guys wanted to write an OS.
Seeing current languages not upto their standard they first made themselves a
suitable language.
Would you call their project hard ridiculous and misguided?

Well evidently some people did but fortunately their managers did not interfere.

OTOH some others liked the ideas/outlook enough that they jumped on the bandwagon and in short order there were
- a heavy duty compilation system -- parser generators to librarians etc
- editor(s)
- source code systems
- text tools (grep sed)
- shell

In short a 'Programmer's Work Bench'
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~andre/ics228s2006/dolottamashey.pdf

Now if Thomson and Ritchie (yeah thems the guys) could do it in 1970,
why cant we revamp this 45-year old archaic program=textfile system today?