Python and fortran Interface suggestion

pauld11718 pauld11718 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 10:48:28 EDT 2015

I am developing a code under Ubuntu(64bit) with python using various libraries. Once done, I need to generate an executable which shall be interfaced with fortran program on account of further collaboration. The python executable shall be used with windows(32bit).

So, I guess everytime my python executable is called by the fortran code on each time step, all those
from **** import *'s
will be executed and are time consuming (which is not at all required). Moreover, creating executable for windows, using linux is that possible by any means?

What is a better methodology for addresing such interfacing?