PEP 492, new coroutine syntax for Python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 00:02:33 EDT 2015

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 1:47 PM, Paul Rubin <no.email at nospam.invalid> wrote:
> I don't remember anyone mentioning this here yet, and it is mighty cool:
>
> https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0492/

Hah. It only just hit python-ideas, so you're jumping in on something
brand new - no wonder it hasn't been mentioned yet :)

And yes, it IS cool. I think the current proposal has a lot of
duplication (it looks like there's almost a complete replica of the
generator protocol being created in parallel), but whatever happens,
it's a good thing.

The document's in a state of some flux at the moment. If you're
interested, I strongly recommend jumping over to python-ideas and
following along - that is, if you're interested enough to drink from
the veritable fire-hose of -ideas! There's a chance this will land in
Python 3.5, but if not, I'd be very surprised if it doesn't hit 3.6.
This is an exciting time to be a Python programmer!

ChrisA