New to Python - block grouping (spaces)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Apr 17 22:22:52 EDT 2015

BartC <bc at freeuk.com> writes:

> (Actually *I* would quite like to know why languages don't have
> switchable syntax anyway to allow for people's personal preferences.)

Which people's personal preferences? Are these the same people who have
such passionate disagreement about tabs versus spaces?

If you only write programs that will only ever be read by you and no-one
else, feel free to maintain a fork of Python (or any other language)
that suits your personal preferences.

Too much effort? Or maybe you sometimes want others, whose preferences
may not exactly match yours, to collaborate on programs you write? Then
I think you have your answer of why such personal perferences are not
switchable in the languages we actually use.

--
 \      “It is the integrity of each individual human that is in final |
  `\        examination. On personal integrity hangs humanity's fate.” |