looking for students to take new online python course at no cost

biker at livefirelabs.com biker at livefirelabs.com
Fri Apr 17 08:18:05 EDT 2015

 Hi,
 (I apologize if this seems spammy, but I think this is a good
opportunity for beginning python programmers.)
 We are seeking candid feedback on a new python programming online
course for beginners, and will randomly select students (lottery
style/5 new students each month) who are new to python to take the
course at no charge.
 For the course project, students code a web crawler and a simple
search engine front-end to query the results from their crawl (stored
in their personal back-end mysql db).
 Some of the python libraries covered/utilized in the course include
urllib2, BeautifulSoup 4 (bs4), robotparser, numpy and
mysql.connector.
 There is no compiler to install because the student development
environment (used to edit, save and run python program files) is 100%
web-based...meaning, only a web browser is needed to access.
 Here is the link to the sign-up form -
http://www.livefirelabs.com/python-online-course.htm [1]
 ... and details about the course are here -
http://www.livefirelabs.com/learn-python-programming-01.htm [2]
 The next new student selection, as indicated on the sign-up web page,
is May 1, 2015.
 Thanks! biker

Links:
------