Great Math Mystery

Fetchinson . fetchinson at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 17 05:47:06 EDT 2015

>> In an altercation with the police, complying with their orders greatly
>> increases your chances of survival.
>
> Ah, the definition of a police state: where ordinary people, whether
> breaking the law or not, are forced by fear of death to obey the police at
> all times, whether the police are acting legally or not.

I think you are grossly mischaracterizing that sentence of the OP. He
simply makes an observation: in an altercation with the police,
complying with their orders greatly increases your chances of
survival. Is this observation/statement true or false? Based on
empirical data from the past 50 years (in the US and elsewhere) I'd
say it's true by a huge margin.

The OP didn't make any value judgements on this statement whether he
advocates for compliance or not, whether he encourages the
establishment of a police state or not, whether he thinks compliance
is a good thing or not.

For all we know he might be a flaming anarchist with a keen sense of
observing empirical facts.

Cheers,
Daniel