EditorConfig for cross-editor consistent code style (was: New to Python - block grouping (spaces))

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Apr 16 16:10:30 EDT 2015

> If you're prepared to run a beautifier on your employees' code, you
> should have no problem requiring that they adopt a syntactically-legal
> style.

For teams with a mixture of text editors in use, there are even tools
nowadays to help everyone's text editor enforce consistency of the
fundamentals in the code.

One which is ready now and already widely adopted is EditorConfig:

    EditorConfig helps developers define and maintain consistent coding
    styles between different editors and IDEs. The EditorConfig project
    consists of a file format for defining coding styles and a
    collection of text editor plugins that enable editors to read the
    file format and adhere to defined styles. EditorConfig files are
    easily readable and they work nicely with version control systems.

    <URL:http://editorconfig.org/>

--
 \        “I was in Las Vegas, at the roulette table, having a furious |
  `\     argument over what I considered to be an odd number.” —Steven |