New to Python - block grouping (spaces)

memilanuk memilanuk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 11:05:52 EDT 2015

On 04/16/2015 07:52 AM, Blake McBride wrote:
> Thanks for all the responses.  I especially like the Pike pointer.
> To be clear:
>
> 1.  I don't think languages should depend on invisible elements to
> determine logic.
>
> 2.  Having been an employer, it is difficult to force programmers to
> use any particular editor or style.  Different editors handle tabs
> and spaces differently.  This is all a bloody nightmare with Python.
>
> 3.  Languages that use braces (or the like) can be run through a
> program beautifier to correct the indentation.  You are just screwed
> in Python.  So, Python may be a cute language for you to use as an
> individual, but it is unwieldy in a real development environment.
>
> 4.  Language beautifiers used on bracey languages removes all
> arguments in favor of an off-side language.
>
> Blake McBride

While I certainly don't have your background or depth of experience...
do you really think that over the last 20 odd years that Python has
been around that #2 and #3 have not been hammered out?

Honestly, this is starting to smell more and more like a troll...

--
Shiny!  Let's be bad guys.

Reach me @ memilanuk (at) gmail dot com