New to Python - block grouping (spaces)

Blake McBride blake1024 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 10:52:27 EDT 2015

Thanks for all the responses.  I especially like the Pike pointer.  To be clear:

1.  I don't think languages should depend on invisible elements to determine logic.

2.  Having been an employer, it is difficult to force programmers to use any particular editor or style.  Different editors handle tabs and spaces differently.  This is all a bloody nightmare with Python.

3.  Languages that use braces (or the like) can be run through a program beautifier to correct the indentation.  You are just screwed in Python.  So, Python may be a cute language for you to use as an individual, but it is unwieldy in a real development environment.

4.  Language beautifiers used on bracey languages removes all arguments in favor of an off-side language.

Blake McBride