New to Python - block grouping (spaces)yhoni

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Thu Apr 16 10:09:13 EDT 2015

On 04/16/2015 03:18 PM, alister wrote:

>> As is argueing against a real position instead of making something up.
>> Nobody is argueing for arbitrary indentation.
> May I suggest that you give it a try for a month, perhaps re-writing a
> small program you already have in a pythonic style (don't simply write c
> in python) & see if your opinion changes.
>
> if not then other suggestions that python is not a language of choice for
> you may be appropriate.
>
> be warned you may find it creates (or increases ) an extreme dislike for
> C & other languages that require braces & semicolons, it did for me
> (especially the semi-colon!)

I think you are mistaking me for someone else. I have been using python
since before 2000. I went from not liking the forced indentation to not
being bothered with it to not liking it again.

I also think that one doesn't need to discard a language just because one
doesn't like this particular feature. One can think the other characteristics
of the language are positive enough one can live with this small annoyance.

--
Antoon Pardon.