New to Python - block grouping (spaces)

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Thu Apr 16 04:47:39 EDT 2015

On 04/16/2015 09:46 AM, alister wrote:

> what I find strange is that although these programmers initially disliked
> forced indentation they were voluntarily indenting there existing code
> anyway. Take a look at your existing code base & see if this would indeed
> be the case.

The problem is that the logical structure one has in one's head is not always
the same as the physical structure one has to implement in. I prefer the
indentation of my program to reflect the former instead of the latter. That
is impossible in python.

This problem sometimes shows up when possible new programming structures are
discussed and the structure is discareded, not because it lacks merrit but
because it can't me made to fit into the forced indentation mold of python.