xlwt 1.0.0 released!

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Wed Apr 15 19:25:20 EDT 2015

On 2015-04-15 15:21, Gary Herron wrote:
> On 04/15/2015 02:51 PM, Chris Withers wrote:
> > I'm pleased to announce the release of xlwt 1.0.0.
>
> What a curiously incomplete announcement.  Could you tell us what
> xlwt is?  I see no hint here.

Heh, this and its sibling package, xlrd, are Python packages for
writing and reading MS Excel files.  Unlike other Python
Excel-manipulation libraries I've encountered, they don't rely on
having an installed copy of Excel and can thus run on platforms where
Excel doesn't.

They've been pretty robust based on my poking at them, have been
around a good length of time (meaning more bugs have been worked out),
and Chris posts release notes here pretty regularly.  Regularly
enough that I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time he's omitted
the "this is what xlrd/xlwt is" line in his announcement. :-)

Thanks to Chris for all the dirty work done mucking around with .xls
internals to make these modules.

-tkc