xlwt 1.0.0 released!

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Apr 15 17:51:44 EDT 2015

Hi All,

I'm pleased to announce the release of xlwt 1.0.0.

This release contains the following:

- Python 3 support.

- An initial set of unit tests.

- An initial set of Sphinx documentation.

- Move to setuptools for packaging.

- Wire up Travis, Coveralls and ReadTheDocs.

- Allow longs as row indexes.

Big thanks to Thomas Kluyver for his work on Python 3 support, Manfred
Moitzi
for donating his unit tests.

Belated thanks to Landon Jurgens for his help on converting the
documentation
to Sphinx.

If you find any problems, please ask about them on the
python-excel at googlegroups.com list, or submit an issue on GitHub:

https://github.com/python-excel/xlwt/issues

There's also details of all things Python and Excel related here:

http://www.python-excel.org/

NB: This is likely the last "new feature" release of xlwt. If there are
bugs, we will try and fix them, but it may be a slow process. If you're
starting a new project, you should probably consider openpyxl or
xlsxwriter instead.

cheers,

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk