Searching the archives

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Apr 15 15:53:51 EDT 2015

Gil Dawson <Gil at GilDawson.com> writes:

> This is my first message to this list.  I just signed on.

Welcome!

> How do you search the archives?

The forum is archived in numerous places. The complete set of forums is
at <URL:http://mail.python.org/>, for example this one is at

One straightforward way to search the official archives is to do a web
search including the term “site:mail.python.org”. You can optionally add
another term for the name of the forum you want the search restricted
to. For example:

    <URL:https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site%3Amail.python.org+python-list+tutorial>

Good hunting!

--
 \      “How many people here have telekenetic powers? Raise my hand.” |
  `\                                                      —Emo Philips |