Generarl programming question.

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sun Apr 12 01:04:55 EDT 2015

Thomas, before I reply to your comment, I have a meta-comment to make.

Your signature says "Please do not cc me. / Bitte keine Kopien per E-Mail."
which suggests that you do not want to be emailed. But your post included
an explicit "Mail-Copies-To: usenet at PointedEars.de" header which compliant
news readers should interpret as "reply by email as well as news".

So which is lying? Your sig, that says not to email you, or the
Mail-Copies-To header, which says to email you?

Back to Python...

On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 08:05 am, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

>> In Python, one can do something similar with attributes, except that
>> attributes are easily accessible from outside the function.
>
> AISB.  Python’s “attributes” are named “properties” elsewhere.

Other common names include “members” (mostly in C++ I believe)
and “variables” (mostly Java, I believe). I think using “variable” to
describe an attribute/property/member of an object is a terrible idea.

--
Steven