PSF Python Brochure: Get your free copy at PyCon 2015

M.-A. Lemburg mal at python.org
Fri Apr 10 07:01:56 EDT 2015

[Please help spread the word by forwarding to other relevant mailing lists,
 user groups, etc. world-wide; thanks :-)]

INTRODUCTION

After having distributed the first 5,000 copies of the PSF Python
Brochure to Python conferences and user groups around the world in the
last 12 months, we have now finished the second print run with another
5,000 copies just in time for PyCon 2015 in Montreal.

Many thanks go to JetBrains for jumping in as additional ad sponsor
to help finance the printing and community order shipping costs for this
second print run. We would also like to thank all our initial sponsors
and contributors for their hard work.

PROMOTING PYTHON

The feedback we have received for the brochure was positive all around.

Conference attendees were really happy to be able to easily show and
prove how Python changes the world, to make the point that learning and
using Python is a good investment.

The brochure helps them in promoting Python in their local and
professional communities, especially to the many non-technical people
we cannot easily reach with our python.org web site.

GET YOUR BROCHURE COPY

Come and get your copy at the Python Software Foundation booth
(booth number 101) at PyCon 2015 in Montreal.

If you cannot fetch your hard copy in person, you can order copies
from our project page (http://brochure.getpython.info/):

 * free Community Orders for conferences and user groups

 * paid Company Orders for companies and organizations

The costs for the community orders are sponsored through sponsor ads,
the PSF and the company orders.

MEET THE TEAM

I was very happy to work together with our core team members in the
last 4 years:

 * Jan Ulrich Hasecke who was responsible as editor in chief and
   managed the contribution side of things together with me.

 * Armin Stroß-Radschinski and his company evenios which did the
   initial coordination of funding, layout concept, artwork,
   production and distribution.

Our efforts have resulted in a brochure of almost fully CC-3.0-BY-SA
content that is reusable by the community. The feedback after one year
of circulation is quite promising and we are considering doing a second
volume with more success stories and use cases, provided we can get
enough support from sponsors and the PSF.

MORE INFORMATION

More information on the brochure, the idea behind it, media data
and ordering links are available on our project page:

    http://brochure.getpython.info/

Enjoy,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg