Best search algorithm to find condition within a range

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Thu Apr 9 11:11:58 EDT 2015

On Thu, 9 Apr 2015 11:33 pm, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:

> In this day and age, heavily optimized compilers (including gcc)
> actively exploit undefined behavior in code generation.

Optimization and undefined behaviour reminds me of a story my wife told me,
of a time she was crossing the US with some roadies. As they were driving
across the desert highway, one of the roadies noticed that they were
driving in the wrong direction for their next gig.

"Who cares?" said the driver, "we're making fantastic time!"

--
Steven