Best search algorithm to find condition within a range

jonas.thornvall at gmail.com jonas.thornvall at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 02:12:02 EDT 2015

Den onsdag 8 april 2015 kl. 03:00:12 UTC+2 skrev Gregory Ewing:
> Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>
> > What digits would you use for base one-million?
>
> Interesting question. Unicode currently has about
> 75,000 CJK characters, so we would need to find about
> 12 more independently developed cultures with similar
> writing systems to get enough characters. I suggest
> revisiting the issue when interstellar travel and
> exploration have been better developed.
>
> --
> Greg

No need Greg it is an easy task creating visual interpretable symbols from low to high using lines in a point/pixel space. I could create the set in a day.

And if i use colour space it is even easier.

The hard part is making the point space visible and interpretabel without calculation and holding remainders in head.

But then again when numbers have more than 5 digitplaces people tend to interpretate them digitwise anyway.

10010 is interpretated as a single digit by brain.
7582560 people mostly interpretate as 7 m 582 000 and 560.

You can tell how people group and think about numbers by having them reading up a very long telephone number.