Best search algorithm to find condition within a range

jonas.thornvall at gmail.com jonas.thornvall at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 11:47:38 EDT 2015

Den tisdag 7 april 2015 kl. 17:07:36 UTC+2 skrev Ian:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 8:36 AM,  <jonas.thornvall at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> He doesn't. He doesn't comprehend that as far as a computer is concerned
> >> an integer has no specific 'base', it's only when presented in a form for
> >> humans to read that it gets base information added in the representation.
> >>
> >> He's making these and other similar errors in the javascript groups too.
> >>
> >> I suspect he's one of those people that spends his time thinking up
> >> elaborate solutions that he has no idea how to implement as a response to
> >> dreamt up non existent problems.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon at gmail.com
> >
> > Bullshit declare two integers in any language one 7 and one 4 and then write x=7+4; if you find a programming language where that does not yield 11 tell me.
> >
> > Integers are internally assumed to be base 10 otherwise you could not calculate without giving the base.
> >
> > All operations on integers addition, subtraction, multiplication and division assume base 10.
>
> You're conflating the internal representation of the integer with the
> formatting that is done to display the integer. When you do
> "print(x)", the computer doesn't just dump the internal representation
> of x onto the display. It formats x as character data and displays
> *that*. For integers, the vast majority of programming languages will
> do the formatting as base 10 by default, since that is the format
> preferred by most humans.

No i don't i say the operations assume base ten other wise INT A=7,B=4 Calculate C=A+B would not yield 11 as an answer. The programming languages assume integer operations are done in base 10, at least the one where you can not specify in what base the integer arithmetic is done. And there probably is such languages, Python maybe?