Best search algorithm to find condition within a range

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 11:37:30 EDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 1:23 AM, Dave Angel <davea at davea.name> wrote:
> Additionally, the MSDOS DEBUG program used hex to enter in its literals, if
> i recall correctly.  Certainly when it disassembled code, it was in hex.

Indeed, and that's where I learned 80x86 assembly coding (I didn't
have an actual assembler at the time). DEBUG didn't even have the
option of using other bases; other assemblers might give you "decimal
by default, or adorn them for other bases" (eg MASM's &H notation),
but DEBUG forced you to convert to hex manually.

Although, to be fair, DEBUG was said to have a "mini-assembler" built
in. It was never designed to replace actual assemblers, AFAIK. I just
happened to use it that way. :)

ChrisA