Best search algorithm to find condition within a range

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 10:49:03 EDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 12:36 AM,  <jonas.thornvall at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bullshit declare two integers in any language one 7 and one 4 and then write x=7+4; if you find a programming language where that does not yield 11 tell me.
>
> Integers are internally assumed to be base 10 otherwise you could not calculate without giving the base.
>
> All operations on integers addition, subtraction, multiplication and division assume base 10.

You misunderstand how computers and programming languages work. What
you're seeing there is that *integer literals* are usually in base 10;
and actually, I can point to plenty of assembly languages where the
default isn't base 10 (it's usually base 16 (hexadecimal) on IBM PCs,
and probably base 8 (octal) on big iron). This is nothing to do with
the internal representation, and all to do with source code.

ChrisA