Python library - WMI.py RegistryValueChangeEvent

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 10:31:11 EDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 12:15 AM, Khyati <shrivastavkhyati at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for taking a look, Chris.
> The error trace:
> traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "MonitorRegistry.py", line 18, in <module>
>    process_created = watcher()
>  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\wmi.py", line 1195, in __call__
>    handle_com_error ()
>  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\wmi.py", line 241, in handle_com_error
>    raise klass (com_error=err)
> _wmi: <x_wmi: Unexpected COM Error (-2147352567, 'Exception occurred.', (0, u'SWbemPropertySet', u'Not found ', None, 0, -2147217406), None)>

It looks to me like this is a thin wrapper around the underlying API
call, and you're getting back an error from the lower-level services.
The way this reads, there might well not be an
HKLM\Software\Temp\Name; maybe the ValueName is what's wrong here?

Someone somewhere knows more than I do, but if you can't find that
someone here on python-list, you might be able to find some help on
Stack Overflow or another mailing list, from people who know how to do
this kind of thing in a different language. You'd have to translate
their suggestions back into Python, but when the wrappers are thin
enough, that's usually not too hard.

ChrisA