Intsalling wxPython

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 01:08:02 EDT 2015

On Apr 6, 2015 9:31 PM, "Sepi Gh" <adm2303.2304 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, 6 April 2015 23:27:54 UTC-4, Sepi Gh  wrote:
> > On Monday, 6 April 2015 22:54:26 UTC-4, Sepi  wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I installed wxpython through command line but when I want to use it,
python gives me an error:  File "/Users//Desktop/test.py", line 1, in
<module>
> > >     import wx
> > > ImportError: No module named 'wx'
> > >
> > > When I check my python path it is version 3.3
(/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.3/) but when I try to
install wxpython via python setup.py install --user it installs in
/UsersLibrary/Python/2.7/bin/

> > > I don't know how to change this.
> >
> > I got the answer! Just using python 3 instead of python in the command
line

> But I get this error now:  File
"/Users//Library/Python/3.3/lib/python/site-packages/wx_py/PyWrap.py", line
27
>     print "Please specify a module name."
>                                         ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

wxPython classic doesn't support Python 3. You can try using wxPython
Phoenix which is a complete rewrite that does support Python 3. It doesn't
have a stable release yet, although I hear it's getting close.