Trying to hire or grow a Python developer for a 2 year contract

Peter Rowley peter at peterrowley.com
Sun Apr 5 13:28:51 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm at York University in Toronto, Canada. We have a large
Python-and-Oracle web application written with Pyramids and YUI that we
use to manage the staffing of courses at York and are looking for an
intermediate or senior developer for a 2 year contract to work on
extensions to the application. If you are interested or know of someone
who would be, please e-mail me at prowley at yorku.ca. The salary is
approximately $75,000 a year and benefits are excellent.

We have been looking for someone for this position for a while and are
starting to think about hiring someone who has good programming skills
but not necessarily Python. To that end, if you're a Python developer or
hire them, I'd be interested in your opinion of which common programming
languages that people might know would enable learning Python? I'm
guessing PHP for the dynamic language concepts and Java for the
structure, but that's not based on much evidence.

Thanks in advance

Peter Rowley, Director of Applications and Integration

University Information Technology, York University, Toronto

prowley at yorku.ca