A simple single line, triple-quoted comment is giving syntax error. Why?

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Fri Apr 3 01:40:18 EDT 2015

On Friday 03 April 2015 08:31, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

> I am sorry that you cannot see that your argument is strewn with gaping
> defects in logic, but I think I will stop trying to convince you of that
> now.

I'm sorry, I've been away for four days and have lost track of this thread.
Have you reached an agreement about the number of angels which dance on the
head of a pin yet, or will this argument continue for another week?

This sterile, pointless arguing about the minutia of pedantic definitions is
not even close to useful. Honestly Thomas, Ian, nobody cares any more. If I
were a betting man, I'd bet that neither of you can describe, in one
sentence, what is the actual disagreement between the two of you, let alone
why it matters for Python programming.

--
Steve