ImportError: No module named 'requests.packages.urllib3'

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 12:18:25 EDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 3:04 AM, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 9:46 AM,  <teqisid at gmail.com> wrote:
>> When I am trying to import requests library in python shell, I get this error: ImportError: No module named 'requests.packages.urllib3'
>> I have tried searching online and followed a few probable solutions but yet no luck.
>> Does anyone know how I can solve this error?
>> I am using python 2.7
>
> It sounds like there's something missing from your requests
> installation. How did you attempt to install it, and were there any
> errors?

It's also possible that you've shadowed a key module. Copy and paste
the entire traceback, including all the file names, and there might be
a clue somewhere. Or put your code in a file called "1.py", in a
directory on its own, and run that; that name can't accidentally
shadow a normal module name.

(I know this, because I built a WSGI web site that has most of its
code in a file of that name. Importing that took a bit of
hoop-jumping; you can't simply "import 1", because that doesn't make
any sense.)

ChrisA