Python code in presentations

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Tue Sep 30 09:26:19 EDT 2014

On 9/30/14 7:50 AM, Jean-Michel Pichavant wrote:
> I wonder if some people in this list who have successfully presented python code have some tips about doing the proper way. Ned's presentations for pycons are to me one example of successful code presentation:
>    - the layout is simple
>    - the code and code output are clearly identified
>    - a line of code can be highlighted while presenting
>
> http://nedbatchelder.com/text/iter.html

Thanks for the hat-tip!

The problem with my presentations is that the production tool-chain is
only approachable by programmers, and probably not even all of them! I
have a tendency toward custom-written purely text-based tools that give
me lots of control at the expense of ease of use.

The source of that presentation is here: https://github.com/nedbat/iter
  You'll notice there's a Makefile...

> I have access to powerpoint, or any tool under linux (I don't have access to Mac's stuff).

I don't know how to get the highlighting (both static and dynamic) in a
WYSIWYG presentation tool.  :(