Storage Cost Calculation

Denis McMahon denismfmcmahon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 10:44:34 EDT 2014

On Sun, 28 Sep 2014 20:07:31 +0000, Duncan Booth wrote:

> Later on the B+ had 64k of RAM and the B+128 had 128k of RAM and in each
> case the additional RAM was paged in as necessary but I don't think the
> RAM in the B was ever expandable.

You could get various expansions to page multiple roms, I had a machine
at one point with 15 multiple internally and a zif socket on top.

I think there was a board that sat across the 4 paged ROM sockets which
then had a cable to another board with 16 sockets on it, and one of the
16 sockets came through the case in a ZIF.

Aries or Dabs or Watford Electronics I expect.

I also remember soldering switches to TEAC drives from RS to make them
40 / 80 track switchable.

Duncan, your name looks mighty familiar ..... Do you know a Judith?

Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon at gmail.com