Teaching Python

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 09:38:34 EDT 2014

On Monday, September 29, 2014 6:59:10 PM UTC+5:30, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 11:18 PM, Gabor Urban wrote:
> > my 11 years old son and his classmate told me, that they would like to learn
> > Python. They did some programming in Logo and turtle graphics, bat not too
> > much.
> > Doesn anybody has an idea how to start?

> Right here:

> https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/

The official tutorial for an 11 year old?? I dont think so...

> There are other tutorials on the web, too. I strongly recommend
> starting with Python 3.

There's the official turtle graphics
Then there's this https://code.google.com/p/pynguin/

Though I guess just as the official tutorial is too adult for an
11 year old, turtle graphics may be too childish.

You know your son better than we do: What excites him? Bores him?

If you tell us then appropriate suggestions may follow