Leap year

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Sat Sep 27 05:07:11 EDT 2014

Seymore4Head <Seymore4Head at Hotmail.invalid> Wrote in message:
> Still practicing.  Since this is listed as a Pseudocode, I assume this
> is a good way to explain something.  That means I can also assume my
> logic is fading with age.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leap_year#Algorithm

<cut>

> I didn't have any problem when I did this:
>
> if year % 400 == 0:
> 	print ("Not leap year")
> elif year % 100 == 0:
> 	print ("Leap year")
> elif year % 4 == 0:
> 	print ("Leap year")
> else:
> 	print ("Not leap year")

But the first two prints are incorrect, so I'm not sure what you
 mean by "didn't have any problem."

Incidentally, it's usually easier to test a function that does one
 thing. So if you replace all those prints with appropriate return
 True or return False, then it's easy to exhaustively compare two
 variations.

--
DaveA