GCD in Fractions

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 07:03:08 EDT 2014

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 8:56 PM, Akira Li <4kir4.1i at gmail.com> wrote:
> It might mean that you are *too observant* because I've noticed that
> the order of the letters is different just now.
>
> http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/8628/is-it-true-that-only-the-positions-of-the-first-and-last-letter-in-a-word-matter
>
> [spoiler: it is not true in general but brains can do a lot of
> "error-correction" subconsciously]

It's definitely not true, and has been frequently debunked. But brains
do error-correct, and not just on the order of letters. I spend a lot
of time on MUDs, where the typographical quality is comparable to IRC;
those of you who hang out on #python can probably attest to the same
thing. When people type quickly, they make errors... and they're often
the same errors (one hand not on the home keys, two letters
transposed, omitted letters, etc). Those of us who hang out there tend
to get familiar enough with the errors to autocorrect them - and
sometimes not even notice them :)

ChrisA