Which module I'm missing?

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Thu Sep 25 02:24:25 EDT 2014

Igor Korot <ikorot01 at gmail.com> writes:
> I got a suggestion to install eric for my developmental needs.
> Unfortunately, it looks like my Linux distribution have a bug as
> running eric throws an exception.
>
> [code]
> igor at IgorDellGentoo ~/plaso-build/liblnk-20140905 $ eric5
> An unhandled exception occurred. Please report the problem
> using the error reporting dialog or via email to
> <eric5-bugs at eric-ide.python-projects.org>.
> A log has been written to "/home/igor/.eric5/eric5_error.log".
>
> Error information:
> 2014-09-21, 07:56:26
> <class 'ImportError'>:
> No module named 'DebugClients.Python3.coverage'

This tells you that "DebugClients.Python3.coverage" could not
be imported. The real problem might be "DebugClients"
or "DebugClients.Python3" or "DebugClients.Python2.coverage".
To find out, import those packages/modules in an interactive
Python interpreter session in turn. The first failing import
indicates the real problem.

If "DebugClients" is the culprit, then either the package is
not installed or not covered by "sys.path" (the envvar "PYTHONPATH").
You might try "locate DebugClients" to see whether "DebugClients" is somewhere
on your file system.

The installation instructions for "eric" might tell you something
about package or configuration dependencies.