why can't open the file with browser?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 08:22:54 EDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 7:32 PM, luofeiyu <elearn2014 at gmail.com> wrote:
> import webbrowser webbrowser.open('f:\\test.html') why the file
> f:\\test.html is opened by notepad ,not by my firefox or chrome?

It looks to me as if your default association is set to Notepad rather
than a web browser. Try opening one of the browsers' settings pages
and making it your default browser. In Chrome, that's
chrome://settings/ and it's near the bottom; in Firefox, go to
Tools|Options, Advanced, and it's on the General tab. (They might
check on startup and offer to make themselves default, which would
save you some trouble.)

ChrisA