PIL can't read binary

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Tue Sep 23 07:03:58 EDT 2014

On 9/23/14 4:29 AM, Frank Liou wrote:
> I use PIL  Image.open()
>
> but it show  'list' object has no attribute 'open'
>
> this is my code
>
> class Image2():
>      trans = connection.begin()
>      session = Session()
>      ProductId = session.query(ProductEntity.ProductId).filter(ProductEntity.CompanyId=="2").all()
>      Image = session.query(ProductImageGalleryEntity).filter(ProductImageGalleryEntity.ProductId=="20").all()
>      PicFromDataBase = Image[0].ProductImage
>      try:
>          b = Image.open(str(PicFromDataBase))
>      except Exception as e:
>          sad = e

Image is the name of the PIL module, but you've reassigned it to be a
list.  Try this:

     images =
session.query(ProductImageGalleryEntity).filter(ProductImageGalleryEntity.ProductId=="20").all()
     PicFromDataBase = images[0].ProductImage
     try:
         b = Image.open(str(PicFromDataBase))
     except Exception as e:
         sad = e

Also, I'll second Chris' point that this code should not be in the body
of the class, but in a method, or perhaps just a plain-old function.