How to not enable a user to close the root tkinter window

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 01:54:42 EDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Nicholas Cannon
<nicholascannon1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The git hub has not actually been updated yet I am working on somethine else then committing the update. How would I stop the threads though. I'am using the Thread from threading function.

Ah, okay. (Side point: I recommend committing early and often, it
makes it much easier to go back and look at stuff later.) The easiest
way is to just set a global variable, and then have the thread
periodically check that - once it's set, it shuts itself down.

ChrisA