Pyrolite, lightweight pickle and pyro client library, seeking a bit of testing help

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 22 13:47:43 EDT 2014

Hi,

I've developed Pyrolite (https://github.com/irmen/Pyrolite), a lightweight client
library for Java and .NET to gain access to Python servers running Pyro. As such it also
contains a complete pickle and unpickle implementation in these languages.

Quite recently I got a pull request to fix a big/little-endianness decoding issue
regarding machine floats and doubles in pickled arrays.

It was a mistake on my part but it got me thinking: the unit tests of my library should
ideally be run on both little- and big-endian machines, because some of the code depends
on this.

I've only got access to little endian systems myself. So basically I'm looking for some
tips here, for instance can Travis-ci.org perhaps help out? Or can someone here with
access to a big endian system help me out with running the Java and .NET (Microsoft or
Mono) unit test suite of my project on that system? (just a one time request, to verify
the current version).

Irmen de Jong

PS the reason why I'm posting a Java or .NET related issue here is because the core
protocol my library handles is a Python invented one ;)