Class Inheritance from different module

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Mon Sep 22 08:09:33 EDT 2014

----- Original Message -----

Sorry, sent the message by mistake.

Anyway if you just want a nice way to create an instance, you may simply write

import steamapi.user.SteamUser as User

usr = User('whatever')

However you don't create an APIConnection when creating a user, it does not make much sense, you only need one API connection per session and it will be shared by all the User objects.

# Note ApiConnection is a singleton, and you only need to execute this once, in you app/script initialization for instance.
api = APIConnection(api_key='dlkfnsdlfn')

# query the database
user1 = User('user1')
user2 = User('user2')

Cheers,

JM

NB: I assumed you were using https://github.com/smiley/steamapi
NB2 : because APIConnection is a singleton, your original code probably works just fine, I'm just not a big fan of breaking to python module design

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.