Love to get some feedback on my first python app!!!

vek.m1234 at gmail.com vek.m1234 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 07:47:44 EDT 2014

1. It's feedback not a mathematical proof.
2. I hope the OP tries what I suggested - it's all entirely optional.

@OP
I have no idea what that program does because it's well commented. You aren't using variable and function names to good effect and are resorting to excessive comments.

Additionally, I think you are mangling your display text but I'm not sure.
textDisplay.insert should be a function that you pass args to.

def spit_msg(text):
    textDisplay.insert(text)

spit_msg("go away doo doo bird")

Any time you see repeated text in your program, wrap it in a single func and simplify.

try:
def create_root_window():
 rather than letting all your funny parts dangle around naked.