the python shell window is already executing a command

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Sep 19 15:43:37 EDT 2014

On 9/18/2014 10:51 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 5:05 AM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
>> A couple more questions; after you run the file once, is there a warning
>> above the first >>> prompt?  If, after the program stop and you see a second
>> what is the result?
>
> What's significant about the array module here? I'm a little puzzled.

'array' is alphabetically the first module imported in the default
two-process mode but not in the one-process mode selected by a command
line '-n'.  To the best of my understanding, the message reported, which
I found in the code, should only appear in one-process mode.

Seymour reported that he started Idle by right-clicking on the file and
selecting 'Edit with Idle'. Asking the above question is easier then
trying to get him to directly determine what command line is associated
with 'Edit with Idle' on his particular machine.

--
Terry Jan Reedy