Python docs not accessible from IDLE

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Wed Sep 17 14:08:46 EDT 2014

In article <lvbv0u$lfa$1 at ger.gmane.org>,
 Wolfgang Maier <wolfgang.maier at biologie.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> On 09/17/2014 01:15 PM, Peter Otten wrote:
> > Wolfgang Maier wrote:

[...]
> So it somehow seems to have picked up a port number during redirection,
> no idea why.
>

> 2) curl shows that the first redirect (from http://docs.python.org/3.4)
> gives HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently as the first response from the
> server, but the second redirect (from https://docs.python.org/3.4) gives:
>
> HTTP/1.1 200 Connection established
>
> HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
>
> which looks a bit weird (but as I said no other browser I've tested
> seems to have a problem with that).
>
> So it looks like this is not really a Python issue though I'd still like
> to find out how to solve it.

There have been a number of changes in recent months to the PSF web
infrastructure, all with the aim to provide more reliable, faster, and
secure services.  These have included moving servers to new hosts,
adding a commercial content delivery network to the frond-end of high
traffic sites, and default use of encrypted connections (https).  As
such, there are a number of moving parts and possible loose ends.  If
you are still having issues, chances are you aren't the only one.  If
so, please contact the PSF infrastructure team via email or IRC:

https://wiki.python.org/moin/PSFInfrastructure

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org