PyCharm refactoring tool?

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Mon Sep 15 16:36:50 EDT 2014

George Silva schrieb am 15.09.2014 um 21:49:
> It's pretty useful. I use it for some time now and I very much like it.
> [...]
> The most powerful for me are the rename refactor and extract. Works like
> charm (no pun intended).

Dito.

> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> wrote:
>> I started up an instance of PyCharm last Friday. It's mostly just been
>> sitting there like a bump on a log. I set things up to use Emacs as my
>> editor. It seems most of its functionality won't be all that useful. Most
>> of my work is on libraries/platforms - stuff which is not runnable in
>> isolation, so the Run menu doesn't look all that useful.

I also do most exec stuff on the command line - it needs to work there
anyway, so the additional config in PyCharm is really something on top that
I often don't do. However, running stuff within PyCharm can still be really
handy because it integrates very nicely with py.test and other test
runners. You get nice visual feedback for your tests, can rerun failing
tests with one click, can visually debug problems, get coverage analysis
for free, etc. It's all very nicely integrated.

Stefan