protocol.py, brine.py, and compat.py causing trouble

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Sep 14 13:57:45 EDT 2014

On 9/14/2014 2:44 AM, Josh English wrote:
> I do not know what these three files are doing,

To the best of my knowledge, protocol.py, brine.py, compat.py, are not
part of the stdlib.  What have you installed other than Python? What
editor/IDE are you using?  Check your lib/site-packages directory. From
a google search, brine.py is a pickle replacement in the rpyc and
dreampie (and other) packages.  The other two names are pretty generic
and probably common.

--
Terry Jan Reedy